PE & Sports Premium
The PE & Sports Premium is additional funding provided by the DfE specifically to be used for PE & Sport.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
You should not use your funding to:
- employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements - these should come out of your core staffing budgets
- teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum - including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum).
Each year, we provide a report on how we have used the funding, the impact it has made and how we will sustain the progress/plans implemented.
Year 6 Swimming
All pupils should leave primary school being able to swim at least 25 metres using various strokes and perform basic lifesaving techniques. In the academic year 2022-23 90% of our Year 6 swimmers have met the required standard.
The School Games Mark is a Government-led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. We are delighted to have been recognised for our success, recieving the Gold Award!