It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- is practical and smart
- identifies the children with the school
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
The school uniform is mainly red and grey.
- trousers (grey/black)
- sweatshirts (red)
- polo shirts/shirts (red or white)
- shoes (no trainers) -black
- sweatshirts or cardigans (red)
- socks/tights (plain white or grey)
- polo shirts/blouses (red or white)
- knee length skirt, trousers, pinafores (grey/black)
- summer dresses- red & white stripes or check
- shoes (no trainers)- black
- shorts (black)
- t-shirt (not polo - red or black)
- Track suit bottoms/leggings (winter)
You are able to order school uniform online directly from our suppliers.
All of the Guilden Sutton logo items are available on https://yourschooluniformshop.co.uk/collections/guilden-sutton-school or www.stitchdesign.co.uk
At Guilden Sutton Church of England Primary School, we are all COP26 ambassadors (The 2021 United Nations climate change conference) as we work together to look after our planet. Parents and children are encouraged to primarily purchase pre-loved uniforms for a donation at the start of each new school year and on a half termly basis rather than purchase new. With the support of our Guilden Sutton Trustees, we will do ‘our bit’ to reduce unwanted clothes being transported to landfills.
*PLEASE NOTE: For health and safety reasons the only jewellery that may be worn is a watch and stud earrings.
Children may change into trainers at lunchtime if they wish.