It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- is practical and smart
- identifies the children with the school
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
The school uniform is mainly red and grey.
- trousers (grey/black)
- sweatshirts (red)
- polo shirts/shirts (red or white)
- shoes (no trainers) -black
- sweatshirts or cardigans (red)
- socks/tights (plain white or grey)
- polo shirts/blouses (red or white)
- knee length skirt, trousers, pinafores (grey/black)
- summer dresses- red & white stripes or check
- shoes (no trainers)- black
- shorts (black)
- t-shirt (not polo - red or black)
- Track suit bottoms/leggings (winter)
You are able to order school uniform online directly from our suppliers.
All of the Guilden Sutton logo items are available on https://yourschooluniformshop.co.uk/collections/guilden-sutton-school or https://www.stitchdesign.co.uk/uniform/guildensuttonceprimarych37es
At Guilden Sutton Church of England Primary School, we are all COP∞ ambassadors (The 2021 United Nations climate change conference) as we work together to look after our planet. Parents and children are encouraged to primarily purchase pre-loved uniforms for a donation at the start of each new school year and on a half termly basis rather than purchase new. With the support of our Guilden Sutton Trustees, we will do ‘our bit’ to reduce unwanted clothes being transported to landfills.
*PLEASE NOTE: For health and safety reasons the only jewellery that may be worn is a watch and stud earrings.
Children may change into trainers at lunchtime if they wish.